Monday, November 8, 2010

Holidays...

I will freely admit that I love long weekends.  Don't get me wrong, I love my students, I love teaching, and I usually don't mind the interactions with other adults...but I love long weekends!  This is a three day teaching week, as Thursday is Remembrance Day (a school holiday) and Friday is a Non-Instructional Day.  When you live here, that's code for "work your butt off at the beginning of the week so that you can go downisland (one word, in these parts) and shop/visit people/schedule medical appointments/stop at Costco/go to concerts/catch a hockey game/stop at Starbucks without feeling guilty".   Professional Development days (all three) are ok, but Non-Instructional Days (again, three) are gold!  Everyone understands that students, parents and teachers alike need to get to a bigger center!  This weekend I'll be meeting up with my Mom and we'll spend a few days OFF! No lesson planning, no grading, no guilt.  Granted, we'll probably both be guilty of buying school supplies and resource materials.  However, it's our OWN time!  Yaaaaaaaaaay!

No comments: