Friday, August 14, 2009

Trip to Albuquerque and Florida...Part One

Well, it has been too long since I posted, and I hope to make up for it with some pictures!
My Mom and I are currently travelling in the southern part of the United States, on holiday before our teachers' convention cruise (yes, that's right...they're sending us on a cruise!).
We started with a couple of days in Albuquerque, New Mexico, where we visited with my grandparents, shopped at a teacher supply store (my own personal mecca, perhaps?),



and just enjoyed some time off.

Then, we traveled to Miami, stayed overnight in Ft. Lauderdale, and toured for a bit before continuing on. Wouldn't you know, we found another teacher supply store in the Ft. Lauderdale area! No pictures of that one, as we were too busy drinking
coffee and driving to get a picture.

In Ft. Lauderdale we spent some time at Flamingo Gardens, a wildlife refuge (for permanently injured creatures) and botanical garden. The following friend greeted us as we arrived!



Our next two friends were hanging out in the water...and I was glad that there was a fence between us.







Here are a couple more friends...and the only "Florida Panther" we saw in the refuge. The two real cats were hiding, and we didn't see the skating Panthers either!







As we drove further north, we approached this storm...



...which turned into this...



...and then this! I was glad that Mom was driving.



We subsequently saw this sign, which made me laugh. Torrential rain, and
less watering.




Our trip today also included quick trips to the United Kingdom and Australia. Just in case you wanted to feel jealous! :)





To cap it off for today, this is for Caitlin! We were listening to "Welcome to the Future" as we drove past this sign. It made us laugh. History, the Future, it's all there!




Oh, and this is for Auntie Karen! I was devastated to miss the opportunity to take a picture of the "Modern Mushroom Farms" truck. I know that this will be tragic for you too!

Coming tomorrow...pictures of St. Augustine, Florida. Watch for the Fountain of Youth, the Oldest School in the US, and the Showboat Carwash.

No comments: