Could it really be that in 5 weeks I will be counting down the hours until school begins? Where has the summer gone?
I begin to scare myself when I realize that I have the following to accomplish/complete before September 8 (which seems incredibly late for a first day, but that's when Labour Day is!):
1. Course outlines for Math, Science, Socials, Bible, PE, Music, and Art...for K, Grade 1, and Grade 2. Only a few of those can overlap!
2. Thematic units for the whole school year.
3. Teacher's convention (leave next Monday, spend a few days with my grandparents in Albuquerque, a couple of fun days in Florida, then attend meetings until Friday August 21).
4. Buy school supplies for all of my students.
5. Travel back to Port Hardy on Monday and Tuesday (August 24-25). With summer ferry traffic.
6. Report to school on Wednesday August 26.
7. Finish setting up my classroom.
8. Registration night on August 27.
9. Photocopy and prepare workbooks.
10. Actually make lesson plans.
11........and so it goes.