Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Could it be?

Could life really be beginning to settle into some semblance of normality?

Here I go:  new community, new jobs, new apartment...according to the Holmes and Rahe stress test, I currently rank a 329...which is high.  Very high.  Not as high as some, but very high.  And yet, it seems like things might be calming down.

Highs: 
1. My new administrative job still includes classroom teaching.  Bonus!
2. My new community is only an hour away from my family, not 12 hours and a ferry ride.
3. I now live in an area where there is shopping!  Hockey!  Staples!  Starbucks!!!  Chapters!!! 
4. I will be working with people who I already know that I'll work well with. 
5. The cost of a lot of stuff is lower, and I don't have to travel 4.5 hours to buy a pair of shoes.

Lows:
1.  My job is all over the place (not physically all over the place, but still).  I will be working about 1/3 of the time as a principal, 1/3 as a classroom teacher, and 1/3 as a distance learning instructor.  Can anyone say balancing act?
2. Rent is a heck of a lot higher. 
3. Because of my job, and the fact that it is a Christian school, I am now part of three major boards/committees...meaning that I have meetings almost every Tuesday night (threeTuesdays each month).  I hate meetings.

But here's the good news, blog wise...being that I'll be in the office more, I should have more of a chance to keep this thing updated! 






No comments: